A HOUSE IS BUILT
With 3D Construction Models
This is a “how-to”
book on the construction of a small, simple, and sustainable house.
The house starts with a surveyed layout, an excavation referenced
from a workpoint, and the installation of footings and stem walls
for a raised foundation.
Next, the framing for the
floor, walls, and open ceilings are erected followed by the doors,
windows, trim, siding, and metal roofing to close the house in.
The plumbing, mechanical, and electrical systems are then roughed-in
at the end of the book in preparation for finish work that is
completed online as an interactive chapter.
Each chapter ends with a
“Hands-On” section with how-to tutorials that
1. Navigating through a design
2. Excavating a model base
3. Assembling a foundation
4. Fabricating and erecting framing members
5. Extruding 3D objects from 2D details
6. Running pipes and wires through the framing
7. Emphasis on the use of the Outliner